Saturday, October 16, 2010

In the beginning...........

Just so you know......I eat out....a lot!!! I know what's good, what's not so good and what's trying to be good. I know the difference between an anglaise and a custard, a compot and a puree. I'll call it as I see it, without meaning to be harsh, but if you feed me and it falls into the not so good category.........well, lets just say the insult will not be tolerated. For chefs who think this paying member of the public will quite happily tolerate coffee where the milk has been boiled and burt, or chicken, thats been over cooked, or any other culinary failing that just shouldn't happen, think again. There so much about the north of the river thats fantastic, and so much that just shouldn't be allowed to continue. I am passionate, I am critical and as this is your job, I expect every morsel, every crumb to be nothing but the best that each chef can conjure. Food sustains us, it can change our mood, it can create excitement, pleasure and joy. It is our most basic link to the elements that surround us and as such, deserves out utmost attention and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment